Happy Feast of the Annunciation!
You’ll be happy to know that churches, mosques, temples and synagogues have been deemed “essential.” Although before happy becomes haughty, I should note that we’re up there along with dispensaries and liquor stores. At any rate, and for now, we’ll continue opening the church for prayer and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. Today we’ll be open from 3:00 to 6:00. Please note:
- We’ll sanitize door handles, light switches and faucet handles before and after.
- There is hand sanitizer available at the exits. Please use it.
- Keep your hands away from your face.
- NO MORE THAN 10 people at a time will be permitted inside the church.
- You must maintain a distance of at least SIX FEET from one another.
- If you are at all sick, PLEASE STAY HOME.
- If anyone at home is sick, PLEASE STAY HOME.
- IF YOU’RE IN DOUBT AS TO WHETHER YOU SHOULD STAY HOME OR ATTEND, PLEASE STAY HOME.
Ah, Facebook. Facebook can be useful. It’s good for greetings and recipes and videos of your puppy. But there’s a reason why schools of medicine, nursing and pharmacy don’t use Facebook as a teaching tool. It’s a pretty good reason. Ready? FACEBOOK IS NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE FOR SCIENTIFIC, MEDICAL OR HEALTH-RELATED INFORMATION. FOR EXAMPLE, there’s a piece being posted on Facebook these days that usually begins with these words: “Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu?” The piece is filled with inaccurate and unduly frightening information. IT’S NOT HELPFUL AND NOT WORTH PAYING ATTENTION TO. If you want accurate, up to date information about the coronavirus, visit the website of the World Health Organization (https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019) or the CDC (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html) or the Colorado Department of Public Health (https://covid19.colorado.gov). OK? OK!
It’s more important now than ever that we pull together. Right now we can best do that by staying home. And while you’re staying home, please pray for one another. Pray for those on the front lines. Pray for sanity, presence of mind, and peacefulness of heart. And know that you are BELOVED.